Until the end of the year, the Buenos Aires City Government is organizing free guided visits to the Visual Arts Eduardo Sívori Museum (in Palermo, in front of the Rosedal). The museum was inaugurated in 1938 in response to the need to revalue the local art production. In its first years, it occupied different buildings until its final destination in a beautiful house in the Tres de Febrero Park.
The Sívori Museum was conceived around 1936, when an annual Painting, Drawing and Sculpture Exhibition provided the basis for the stable collection. Later, the cultural heritage grew through direct buying and donations. You can enjoy more than 3000 works every Saturday and Sunday in guided visits at 6PM and 7PM.
The new Museum has a large exhibition room for the stable collection as well as temporary exhibition rooms for occasional events. The Sívori also has open green spaces surrounding it, a sculptures garden, a library, conference and show rooms, restoration and photography cabinets and a small amphitheater, a café and a store.